Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing 11

I think that my favorite way of searching for feeds is through bloglines. I could just enter in a search term and find a bunch of different feeds for it. I also like the way they have the preview feed option. I also used technorati and found some good things--in particular I found some organization blogs that help you keep your workspace and home clean and clutter free. What was weird about Technorati was that when I tried to subscribe through their site it would say it did not produce a feed. Then when I searched the name of the blog I wanted on bloglines it would show up. I'm not sure if I just wasn't clear on how to do it or what, but the important thing is that I find what I wanted. Google's search frustrated me because it pulled up a lot of things that were unrelated to my topic. All of them like to just find posts and then I would have to go back and say I wanted blogs and not posts. I also found a site about teaching Kindergarten that had some good tips. One of my favorite ways to search for feeds is through bloglines top 1000 sites. That is where I found most of my feeds from funny cat pictures to a mashables feed that teaches you about internet resources. I also like what cool cat teacher said about looking at other people's blog lists to find blogs. I want to search out more of the ones from her list because I trust her and respect her opinion.

No comments: