Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing 6

I tried exploring quite a few sites and was really disappointed that Backpack was not free. It looks like a really good site, but I didn't want to pay for it. It might be a really neat thing for schools to sign up for though. The one I ended up liking was Etsy. It is a really cool way to find unique things like art, clothing, jewelry, etc. It also has a lot of ways to search for things which I liked. You could ask for help with finding a gift for someone, look at things that had recently been purchased or look at local artists. One way that I searched was through color, but that was kind of weird and hard to use. You rolled around this color screen and then clicked when you liked the color, but it was hard to keep it steady and click at just the right time. Then it would put like one or two pictures up and I wanted to see everything that was that color. The only way I can think of that a school could use this site is maybe as a fundraiser. Kids could submit art projects and sell them on the site under a school account. It's a very cool site that I will continue to explore.

No comments: