Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing 5

Wow, a lot of the stuff we are exploring is overwhelming to me. It's a very good thing, but it just seems so BIG. I feel like I am really going to have to keep exploring to keep up with everything going on with Web 2.0. I do think it can be a really good thing and a really good way for the world to connect to each other. I loved what the articles said about all of us being web 2.0. There are SO many ways we can contribute and so much information we can get and add to. I love the thought of being able to talk to other educators, contribute my ideas and get their ideas. I also like the idea of students being able to do the same thing with each other. It will open the door for SO much in the future, but we will HAVE to commit to being learners ourselves. If we are not the students will be ahead of us technology wise but they will not have all the tools they need in order to communicate effectively. I really think that this is going to bring so many of us closer together on so many levels. Students can connect to people across the world and educators can connect as well.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I really agree with what you said about "students will be ahead of us technology wise but they will not have all the tools they need in order to communicate effectively". I guess it's a 2 way street--they help us learn how to use the technology and we help them use it safely and effectively.